Editor’s Note: To FMS’ Class Of 2020

Naomi Williams, Editor, Writer

Dear FMS Class of 2020,

I’m writing to you as one of you. We obviously can’t be together right now, and we don’t know what the future of the world will be. So let’s take a moment to look back to when things were a little more normal. 

Let’s start with sixth grade. We all started middle school nervous (at least a little). Nobody can say they weren’t just a little nervous. But as we went through middle school, we learned a lot. Not just in school, but about life. I think we learned so much because we grew up a lot. Think about your fifth-grade self. Think about how much you’ve changed and grown. But we’re not done yet. We have so much to come. Next year we’ll begin a new chapter in our lives again. 

As we move to high school, remember this: we still have so much growing up to do. It may be hard at times, but there are so many great memories, friends, and experiences to be had. Be open to them! Try not to sweat the small stuff. Going into high school, I’m going to try to remember and cherish every moment. I hope you do too, because as Ferris Bueller said, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Congratulations, Class of 2020! Enjoy your summer and get ready for high school! 

Sincerely,

Naomi Williams

FMS Class of 2020

Senior Editor of the Falcon Press