Look Who Won Morristown Onstage 2019…

Caroline Price, Writer

Morristown Onstage is our town’s version of America’s Got Talent, and it’s the largest fundraiser organized by the Morris Educational Foundation (MEF)! The MEF supports all ten schools in the Morris School District. Through the monies raised, students in our district receive enrichment programs and various other educational opportunities that would not normally be available to them.  

The theme this year was “History Happens Here”. Our town’s rich history was on display, leading up to and throughout the show. In the weeks leading up to the show, the MEF posted an online poll asking people to vote on where the picture was taken in town. Each vote entered voters in a chance to win two tickets to the show. The night of the performance, a final trivia question was asked and the audience had to correctly answer the question. Previous voters learned a lot about our town both prior to and during the show.

With over $2,000 in prizes being awarded, congratulations to the winners of the 2019 Morristown Onstage! Kylie Baxter was the winner of the 19 and under category, Kelly Miller the winner of 19 and up, Jag Sace won the Rising Star award, and finally, Julia Cama, Anna Grace Yurek, and Charlotte Cama, aka Orion’s Belt, won the Audience Choice award. What’s one thing that all the winning acts had in common? They were all singers, performing various types of songs, from Whitney Houston to Pavarotti, to an original song, to Andra Day. Each performer left the audience wanting an encore.

Even though there could only be four announced winners, all fifteen finalists were winners for even making it to the big stage. Missed being in the sold-out audience, or interested in auditioning for next years show? Be on the lookout for Morristown Onstage 2020 information coming in early fall 2019.

Morristown Green: https://morristowngreen.com/2019/02/28/spectacular-voices-take-home-morristown-onstage-prizes/